Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Thursday, August 23, 2012

Whalerider

In my essay I am going to describe Paikea an important character in whalerider by Niki Caro. I am going to explain why she is important in the text. Paikia is brave girl. For example,when she dived into the sea to save a whale,I think she realised that she could have died. This scene impressed me because she has courage to dive into the sea. Another example is when she hears the whale's voices from the sea while she was going back to home with her father, she said "stop the car" to her father and she went to back to the grandparent's house. I think she is suitable to be chief. She is important in the text because she is going to be chief. I wonder why the women are not allowed to be chief. I impressed with the scene when Paikia was speaking and she was crying. Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment