Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Selma Film Review - Ayaka

Describing the film


This movie, 'Selma' was a historical movie that tells what happened in America between Negroes and white American. The director is Ava DuVernay and it was published in 2014. The story was mainly about Negroes acting to get a right to vote, Martin Luther King is the head. And this movie shows the process of how they could get a right to vote. I thought the theme of the film is 'Act for right'. If there is something important for you, you must stand for it. 'Nothing would happen unless you act, and keep acting until your wish would come true'. This is the message I thought from this film.


My opinion of the film


Since this film was a historical movie, it was difficult to understand. It used difficult words which we don't normally use in our daily lives. Some parts of movie had a scary scenes, and it scared me. But those things I saw in the film was actually happened so many times in the history. It was good to know the truth of things happened in the past. And also, acts of Negroes were really brave, so that could move people's feelings.

From this movie, I learnt it is important to go for what you think. And if I keep acting, I thought somebody who has same opinion will help me to solve the problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment