Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Friday, August 07, 2015

An Awesome Film by Koharu

  ''Remember the Titans'' by Boaz Yakin


This is a sports / drama and biographical movie. The story about a American football team which is black people mixed in among white people. When black people were persecuted, this team was criticized by those around them.  One of the team's coaches Boone, who is a black man has fallen prey to the media. But they changed whatever adversity into their force. I think the message of the film is this.


The main idea of the film is the heart which is not overcome with racism and adversities. I like the film because it's right about message. Their team work taught me that we can accept whoever. I think that difference of a race, languages, folk customs and the distinction of sex shouldn't become an evil between people. Evil, persecution and discrimination are constituted when people of heart reject another one who is different from themselves.


I feel that the film has such a hard message. Because these messages are very simple, but these are essential things for human relations. It's hard to understand and practice that the answer is more and more essential and simple. For example, we've already known that war ruins people, myself and the earth but we've repeated it over and over even now. We should learn such things now.


My favourite character is a heavy guy who is one of the players. When he came into the stadium for the first time, everyone looked down on him. Me too. He knew that, however everyone including me was charmed by his humour. He always makes a cheerful atmosphere to sing and dance in the case of a serious situation. The existence is precious. I want to be such a person.



 Now we should really get the heart of acceptance and respect each other. If it were to become truth, world peace would be realised. The film taught me that we can do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment