Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Monday, June 27, 2011

Creative Writing


I looked down and realised I could hear nothing over the sound of my heart pounding in my ears like a rabbit jumping. I don't know. How can I do it? It's like the sight of more sunshine in my eyes. I know I have won!

Last year my Chinese school had a once a year talent and skill competition. My dance and music teacher wanted me to join. I liked it. But I did not really want to go because my dance teacher told me I had a strong and powerful competitor. Her name was Lucy. I saw her dance before, her basic training was good, better than mine. I was worried and I was scared, I wanted to tell my ballet teacher,"I don't want to go!" My music teacher saw through my heart and gained an insight into my mind and my heart...so soon.

She said "I want to talk to you." At lunchtime I went to her office and I told her what I thought. I will never forget the talk she gave me. "Your singing is better than Lucy's Why don't you try? If you try, maybe you can win. If you don't try you will always lose. I think you can do it. Remember Indigo blue is extracted from the Indigo plant but is bluer than the plant it comes from." The talk finished. I wanted to try. I didn't want to lose. My confidence came back. For two weeks I practised ballet, danced and sang. I was so busy, but I was so happy. I could do it and I was making a great effort.

Two weeks went past quickly. The competition came. I was the 8th competitor. Lucy was second. I saw her dance and she was so perfect. I'm wrong again and I felt anxious. I told my heart, "I can do it, I'm better than her. I can!"
Then the teacher said, "It is your turn." I went on stage. The music started. I started to dance and sing. I forgot the world. I immersed myself in the music. The song felt so long. The song ended at last. I was lightly breathing, I waited for the judging panel to award my points, 98!! The highest points. I gave little cry. I accomplished it. I was excited! I beat Lucy! I defeated her myself!

Whenever I remember that time, when I face any difficulty, I believe I can defeat it. I remember my teacher's saying. Indigo blue is extracted from the indigo pplant but is bluer than the plant it comes from.

Mina Yr 10

No comments:

Post a Comment