Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Favourite Character in Fly Away Home


In the following essay I am going to describe the character of Amy's father in ‘Fly Away Home’ and discuss why I like him.
He interests me very mach for many reasons. First, I think he is a real inventor. He has invented a lot of amazing things, like the aeroplane, the spaceship, and the really cool refrigerator. But no one remembered him, everyone thinks he is crazy, even his wife and daughter! "Remember, she thought I was crazy for doing it" this is what his wife thought about him. He must feel very alone. Although no one trusted him, no one stood by him. Although he felt alone and sad, he still insists on his dream and never gives up. He is an inventor and also a dreamer. He told Amy that when she has a dream she should always work for it and never give up until she achieves it.
He loves Amy, although Amy said, "I'm not a baby.You don't have to hold my hand.", he still tries his best to help Amy. He made an aeroplane for Amy, and taught Amy how to fly.
He loves animals,and looks after the geese when Amy goes to school....
So he is the character I like best in the book and the movie, he taught me a lot.

Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment