Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two Events In Fly Away Home


In this essay I am going to describe two events that happened in "Fly Away Home" by Patricia Hermes that I could relate to.

Amy is a young brave girl who had lost her mum at such a young age. Therefore she had to move with her dad in Canada and leave her country. I can really relate to it because I left my country when I was 13 year's old as well. Leaving your country and being apart with your friends is such a hard thing to do. When Amy says "You're crazy!this place is crazy!I don't like you!I want mum." This shows how lonely she really is and how she couldn't stand that place. Also how she misses her country and her mum.

The second event that I can relate to is when Amy adopted the geese. Raising those geese is fun but hard too. I have pets that I raised as well and it would really make you angry if somebody tried to hurt them. When Amy says "Can I keep them? Please?" this shows how she cares for those geese and "You've got to feed them
every two hours." also shows how determined she is to raise them.

Leaving your country and raising some pets with love and care are things that I really could relate to in "Fly Away Home".

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment