Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fly Away Home


In the following essay I am going to describe an important moment in 'Fly Away Home' by Patricia Hermes and discuss why I thought it was an important moment. Amy is a young teenager and she is the main charactor in the story. She came home without her mother. Her mother died in a car crash.

The first important moment, I think is when Amy found the goose eggs in the bush and she decided she'll be their mother. I think this story started from this moment.
Then she carried some eggs to a warm place. She takes care of them really well. "You'll be OK now.I promise. your mum's not here but you're going to be OK" Why was she was so kind to them? I think she doesn't have a mother, so she understands what it is to be really sad about 'living without a mom'.

After a few months, geese grow up and they have to fly to a warm place. "The birds will fly with Amy. And she'll fly with me. We'll all go south" They practice to fly with Amy and Amy's dad. I think this moment is second most important in this story. They practised eveyday. Then, they could fly and they travelled toward the warm place. I was impressed with this moment and I like it. Because they couldn't fly before. I think they need to fly with their mom but, they could fly without their mom. I think these are important moments in "Fly Away Home".

Riko

No comments:

Post a Comment