Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Friday, July 25, 2014

BOOK REVIEW Martin Luther King

I read a biography about Martin Luther King who tried to change the law. This theme is racial discrimination. I think that it has a message. It is a kind of positive messages for people in a weak position. He became a famous when he did his speech that was like "I heve a dream...."

My favourite part is a bus boycott. Because the boycott  was carried out by a black woman, Mrs. Rosa parks. She has a really big courage and aggressive attitude. when she caught a bus, she took a seat for her. At the next busstop a white person caught this bus, there was no seat. So the bus driver asked Mrs. Parks to give her seat for the white person. But she refused. So the driver called the police. They arrested her.

That was so bad at that time. But her doing changed a lot of people's mind. So I really respect her. Because I do not have a courage like her. She changed my mind, too. I like this book so much. We should continue it to future generations.

Mayu

No comments:

Post a Comment