Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Friday, July 25, 2014

Book review : Martin Luther King

MARTIN LUTHER KING

Martin Luther King is an extremely interesting non- fiction book that makes a very deep impression on readers. It talks about Americans’ race and Martin Luther King campaign. I have learnt a lot of valuable things from him. Therefore, I really admire him.

There was a racism in America between black people and white people. White people were very wealthy and they had a lot good things and good benefits for themselves but black people didn’t. In that situation, King organized his first campaign to protest for the rights of black people. I loved it when I read about his campaign. That was actually interesting and it made a good inspiration for me to read. I think he was very brave and smart to help a lot of people. He was a great hero. Sometimes, it wasn’t successful, but King never gave up. That point showed me he was determined to help black people. He loved peace and fairness. And I love peace and fairness, too.

Furthermore, he was very good at studying. “The teachers moved him up a grade twice because he was very smart. He missed grades 9 and 11, and finished high school at the age of fifteen. That quote shows me he is very smart and hard-working at studying. I really admire his intelligence. I was extremely surprised when I knew he moved up a grade twice because in my opinion, it was extraordinary. I really admire everything he did in the past to help black people. He was also a great president that took very good care of his country. He is a good person for us to look up to and learn from.

Through the story, I have learnt a lot of valuable things from him. Such as: don’t be racist, I should be brave and don’t use violence to treat enemy. He is a great leader for all of us to look up and learn some precious things.

Anh

No comments:

Post a Comment