Welcome to the Esol NPGHS Blog



Monday, November 28, 2016

Book review- The lost world

The science fiction/adventure book "The Lost World" written by Michael Crichton is about a island full of cloned dinosaurs.
Sarah Harding, Malcolm and a group of other scientists arrive on the island because they are on a science expedition. As soon as they see the dinosaurs they try to survive and spend some really exciting and dangerous days on the island. The characters are very brave and adventurous which is really inspiring for me, even though I would never do the things they did.
The message behind it all is: Don´t go against nature. That means stop cloning, it can turn out really bad as you´ll see in the movie.
To be honest, for me it was quite hard to understand the book because the point of view always changes really quickly. Moreover I would prefer if the pictures that were included in "The Lost World" were colorful. I would recommend the book if you are interested in science-fiction or adventure books but I don´t like that kind of book that´s why I wouldn't read it again.
On the whole the book was entertaining and the characters were a good choice but it was very confusing for me to read it .
LILLY

No comments:

Post a Comment